In this episode, we have the founder of the Public Speakers Association, author of 7 books, winner of the global mentorship award for the Evolutionary Business Council, Tonya Hofmann!
She shares why she decided to start the Public Speakers Association as well as valuable tips on becoming a paid speaker. Tonya has a story, let’s hear it.
What’s In Store For You
- [02:54] What made Tonya decide to start her own Speakers Association?
- [04:28] Tonya guides us through the process of marketing speakers and how social media plays a critical part.
- [06:14] She gives input on what a new speaker needs to do in order to gain an organization’s interest to market them.
- [08:08] How do you get people to talk about you WITHOUT YOU?
- [09:57] What are the platforms I need to be on as a speaker?
- [12:27] How can posting videos help speakers get heard or gain more visibility?
- [14:56] Where should speakers navigate their business or topics to make their own mark/brand?
- [15:40] How to bridge the gap between what you are passionate about vs. what people want to hear?
- [17:13] How can one begin to make money as a speaker?
- [18:12] Tonya’s shocking input on how getting a gig as a keynote speaker actually makes you less money.
- [21:14] Where can you connect with Tonya?
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini, PhD
- Professional Speakers Association – you can connect with Tonya on this page;
- Speak Write Now Community;
- podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com – send your questions and comments;
- Voice message – leave me a message, I want to hear your voice!
- The RK3 Show Patreon page (be a patron of this show and get patron perks!)