How many obstacles have you had to overcome in pursuit of your dream? Does your mind control you or do you control your mind?
Our guest this week was a running back for the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Chicago Bears. He also became known as an ESPN analyst for 21 years, a cancer survivor, and is now an inspirational speaker who has an amazing story.
Merril Hoge has a story, let's hear it!
- [04:38] Merril talks about his transition from the NFL to his post-NFL career.
- [05:52] What made Merril decide to pursue the path of an NFL player?
- [07:24] One of four things was always said to Merril about his dreams of becoming an NFL player.
- [08:16] What was Merril's first "Moment of Truth" in life?
- [09:52] He walks us through one of the darkest moments in his life - living with the Big C.
- [10:56] How can one change his life and circumstances? What should one focus on?
- [12:44] Merill shares that we can be an inspiration and motivation to people in our life.
- [15:37] How does Merril capture and maintain the attention of people as a professional speaker?
- [17:01] Why does Merril see himself more of a "Messenger" than a "Speaker"?
- [18:47] Messages that are told in stories - how is this used as a great tool for getting people to connect with you?
SUBSCRIBE to The RK3 Show On:
- Apple Podcasts (leave us a rating, review, recommendation!),
- Google Play Music,
- TuneIn Radio,
- and more!
- Asana - a great project management tool, best for virtual teams!
- Find a Way: Three Words That Changed My Life by Merril Hoge;
- Merril Hoge's website;
- The Storyteller's Growth Lab - learn how you can grow in your speaking journey;
- podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com - send your questions and comments;
- Voice message - hear your voice on-air!
- Guide on how to leave a review for The RK3 Show;
- The RK3 Show Patreon page (Help us keep this show going and get perks. Be a patron of this show!)