How does a woman deal with being great, being a professional, and being in a position naturally ASSUMED to be a man's position?
Our guest this week was a star athlete for the UCLA and used to play for the Los Angeles Sparks and New York Liberty in the WNBA. She is currently an assistant coach for the Westchester Knicks, the affiliate for the NBA's New York Knicks.
The franchise's first ever female assistant coach, she's a motivational speaker as well. Our guest today needs no further introduction - let's all listen to what former WNBA star Lisa Williams has to say!
- [05:45] How did Lisa get into professional basketball and coaching?
- [07:00] Lisa takes us through the rollercoaster of emotions she went during the moment of her draft pick.
- [08:36] From the highest of highs, what made Lisa go through the loneliest night AFTER her draft pick?
- [09:37] What is it like to live the life of a well-known personality?
- [11:09] Why is Lisa's achievements perceived negatively by others?
- [12:12] What is the positive effect of Lisa's accomplishments with men?
- [12:51] Why is there a noticeable difference in how women celebrate other women's accomplishments vs. that of men's?
- [14:38] What are some of the things that enabled Lisa to break through the proverbial "glass ceiling" in a male-dominated position as a coach?
- [17:05] What motivated Lisa to coach in the NBA G-League versus coaching in the WNBA?
- [18:34] What are some of the things that Lisa shares with young ladies about the unexpected aspects of her "journey"?
- [20:20] What advice does Lisa have for someone who wants to follow her path as well as become a motivational speaker?
SUBSCRIBE to The RK3 Show On:
- Apple Podcasts (leave us a rating, review, recommendation!),
- Google Play Music,
- TuneIn Radio,
- and more!
- Lisa Willis' Instagram and Twitter accounts;
- FREE 5-day Signature Story Course;
- The Storyteller's Growth Lab - learn how you can grow in your speaking journey;
- podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com - send your questions and comments;
- Voice message - hear your voice on-air!
- Guide on how to leave a review for The RK3 Show;
- The RK3 Show Patreon page (Help us keep this show going and get perks. Be a patron of this show!)