What is that thing you do so well that it is as natural as breathing? Our guest today has discovered that "thing" and has thrived after going through a major challenge in her life.
Karen Donaldson is a Celebrity Communication, Body Language and Certified Confidence Coach, Sr.Executive Public Speaking Coach and International Speaker. Many of her clients call her the communication and confidence disruptor. She is an award winning, 3x Best Selling Author of books like "Speak Like You Breathe: 30 Lessons to Become a Naturally Confident Speaker".
Let's listen to her story and learn some tips and tricks to be a master storyteller and speak like we breathe!
- [05:03] Karen shares how a teenage pregnancy led to the pivotal moment of her journey to storytelling public speaking.
- [07:21] How does her story of overcoming self-image issues and adversity connect Karen with her audience even more?
- [08:53] What makes public speaking so difficult for people?
- [10:36] How can people apply the methods that Karen teach in communicating in a corporate setting?
- [12:40] Karen shares a story which portrays that even leaders or executives can have difficulties with speaking and confidence.
- [14:52] Why would an executive of a $50 million company call Karen Donaldson in to say, "Can you coach me on this?"
- [17:42] What are a couple of tips that speakers can use to come across naturally and connect with their audience?
- [20:10] What are a few more steps that one can take to become an even better speaker and storyteller (that your audience clamors for you)?
- [21:38] Karen gives us one simple body language tip that allows you to win in relationships.
- [23:11] Do body language of political candidates affect how voters perceive them?
SUBSCRIBE to The RK3 Show On:
- Apple Podcasts (leave us a rating, review, recommendation!),
- Google Play Music,
- TuneIn Radio,
- and more!
- Speak Like You Breathe: Straight Talk To Say What You Mean, Be Heard & Get Noticed by Karen Donaldson;
- Speak Like You Breathe: 30 Lessons to Become a Naturally Confident Speaker by Karen Donaldson;
- How To Live A Life With No Excuses: The Truth About Excuses, How To Stop Making Them and Start Getting Results by Karen Donaldson;
- Find Your Voice (pre-launch price until August 4!) by Robert Kennedy III;
- FREE 5-day Signature Story Course;
- The Storyteller's Growth Lab - learn how you can grow in your speaking journey;
- podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com - send your questions and comments;
- Voice message - hear your voice on-air!
- Guide on how to leave a review for The RK3 Show;
- The RK3 Show Patreon page (Help us keep this show going and get perks. Be a patron of this show!)